Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A problem i encountered and how i solved it.


It was the start of the new year and every student knows that besides academics, the next important thing in school you have to do well in is your CCA. So it happened to me that i just left Chinese Orchestra and i had to get into a new CCA.
So i started to think what type of CCAs i should join, maybe sports, maybe some other stuff like Library. In the end i chose Uniformed groups as i think it will help me. (Plus the sessions are way lesser as compared to Chinese Orchestra)
I still didn't know which uniform groups to join and that was a great problem for me as all of them seemed to be good. I was fast in my decision and chose to join the Red Cross, i was hoping for the people there to teach me on survival skills which are fun and useful. I there i went to find Mdm Lyana to get a permission. However, she said i needed to get a CCA transfer form and let her sign it before she can let me in.
The work was very tedious, i had to do it one step by one step. One step will take a day as finding teachers are really hard, especially for the Upper Sec teachers as their timings are different from the Lower Sec. So after i got the CCA form from Miss Chew i suddenly changed my mind and decided to go to Scouts maybe because my cousin subconsciously convinced me by talking with me every Sunday, let it be any topic.
Today i found the CCA teacher-in-charge for scouts(he was Mr Tan Wil Beng, kind looking man)
and he said i will only be able to join if i state my reasons of changing my CCA. Meanwhile i am preparing my "speech" for tomorrow's final battle, i felt that i have solved this problem and i am very happy now. I have learnt that to get things done, we must have determination(like staying after school and looking for the teachers, not just waiting for the teachers to give me news.)

No comments:

Post a Comment